3.30.2009

Bonnie Weekend

The Moore Theater, Seattle - twilight prior to Bonnie 'Prince' Billy show

I'm posting less and less during the week these days. Partly it's because things are just so much more interesting during the weekends... this past one for instance found me at a Bonnie 'Prince' Billy show in Seattle with my best friend Katie (which was undoubtedly awesome!) before heading south to Portland with Andy to visit with my folks. My Mom is recovering from a minor surgery and we went down to visit and help out around the house. There was much cooking and lounging to be sure - it was quite nice!

During our Portland "must-have" trip to Powell's and the mecca of Stumptown I came across these stop-you-in-your-tracks-jaw-drop-wowza yarn paintings. Yes, that is right. YARN PAINTINGS. I immediately had to geek out and take a gazillion pictures because I just knew that I'd want to share these with Betsy. Whoa.

They are by an artist named Jo Hamilton. Check out the site for more incredible fiber art: http://johamiltonart.com/



The dude on the right kinda sorta looks like Betsy's boyfriend even... sometimes the parallels of the universe are just too much for me to handle...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Another argument for putting down my knitting needles for crochet hooks for a bit...

Betsy said...

dude. that does look like my andy. CRAZY.