3.21.2010

Back in the Saddle


Yep indeed - after nearly two weeks away this artist finally got herself back in the studio this weekend. And quite a full studio weekend it was!

Call me an oddball, but I LOVE love the sight of new works in progress all over my space. I'm working towards the Petshop show in May here in Seattle - which has my hands quite full. After 3 full days of painting I now have 14 nearly completed budgies. Yes, budgies.













I also got to spend a little time feeling avant garde by getting together with some of my gallery artists to curate our show next month together.  Imagine a large room with a floor space sectioned off pretending to be walls. Then imagine a group of artists moving pieces this way and that. I imagine it'd look something like this:
Why'd we have to fake the walls for this show? Well because the upcoming show is far far away - Monaco to be exact. Yep, THE Monaco. It's been quite a lot of fun and an interesting process. Suddenly this whole Monaco show is real. La Familia really is going to show internationally this time next month. Wacky...

2 comments:

Karla Tull Aron said...

What an exciting post -- exciting venture! I LOVE being surrounded by all my paintings in progress, so I totally get what you are saying. That's so cool! Will be interested to see how the international show moves forward. That's just so neat!!
p.s. thank you for stopping by my blog. i really appreciated that you got where i was coming from. what you said about the music helping bring the place more into home is so true. my hubby & i played and sang elton john songs tonight. it's working--i'm not even missing the old place!

Kristen Walker said...

Wow, Monaco???? Wait, let me say that again - MONACO????? OMG, OMG, OMG! That's crazy! And I mean that in the best way. You better make lots of posts so I can see what it is like!

Congratulations!
-Kristen